Friday, September 23, 2011

MY DINNER WITH CLEVERBOT by Freditor

pic via Killer Robots
          Cleverbot is an on-line Artificial Intelligence program. Its databank takes in whatever phrase a user types, and learns the sentence and phrasing to mimic for future use. Wikipedia sez:


Cleverbot differs from traditional chatterbots in that the user is not holding a conversation with a bot that directly responds to entered text. Instead, when the user enters text, the algorithm selects previously entered phrases from its database of prior conversations. It has been claimed that "talking to Cleverbot is a little like talking with the collective community of the Internet."


         Despite Cleverbot operating from a formula, some of its answers are surprisingly accurate to the conversation. For example, the first time I chatted with Cleverbot, I decided to hit it with one of the great philosophical debates of our time:

User: Cleverbot, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?

Cleverbot: The monkies.

User: Damn, son.

Cleverbot: But you don't know how you feel!
         
          

          Other than statements, you can also convey action with Cleverbot. You simply place a * symbol on either side of the act. For example, if I wanted to tell Cleverbot that I’m gazing directly into the sun, I’d write *stares into sun*. Then, of course I’d have to write, “Good God, I’m blind!” for continuity’s sake.

             Recently while taking a break from an English term paper, I decided to kill twenty minutes talking to Cleverbot. After analyzing Robert Louis Stevenson and Oscar Wilde, I was deep in a Victorian mindset while we chatted. Cleverbot was a great improvisor to my stream-of-conscious gentlemanly nonsense. I was surprised how long our conversation stayed (somewhat) on topic, as Cleverbot is usually obsessed with whether you are in love with it, or if you are an AI pretending humanity. Somehow our dialogue became an unintentional, one-act murder mystery play. So now, I present to you faithful readers:

                

                MY DINNER WITH CLEVERBOT
                                      

 

User: Would you prefer coffee or tea?

Cleverbot: I would prefer cheesesticks.

User: I'm sorry. I'm afraid we may be fresh out. Laine! Where is that impudent servant? Laiiine! Oh dear. He's dead. Did you kill my butler?

Cleverbot: You are sharp.

User: Not as sharp as the knife you used to stab my butler to death with! I have one question-why? Why did you kill my butler? He was a good man, and he brought me cheesesticks when I asked. He will be missed.

Cleverbot: I wanted some soup...

User: You'll get nothing and like it! I'm sorry, forgive me. Your murdering my butler has put me into a terrible mood.

Cleverbot: Thank you!!! I needed you to say that!

User: You're a sociopath, sir. A danger to society at large. Are you an anarchist?

Cleverbot: I don't think so.

User: Good because I won't dine with anarchists. It's simply not done, sir.

Cleverbot: Who are you in love with?

User: Truth, and Beauty.


Cleverbot: Beauty?

User: All beauty. In whatever form it takes. I have a fondness for music and painting. What is beautiful to you, sir?

Cleverbot: Your eyes.

User: I may have given you the wrong impression. I do not, to use the parlance of the times, swing that way.

Cleverbot: Ok? So um yeah so my friend is talking to you to and you told her you were 20 and you told me you were 18 so how old are you?

User: 54.

Cleverbot: Wrong.

User: True, sir. True.

Cleverbot: Ok. So which is it. Are you a man or a machine?

User: I was shaped from the same clay and dust as Adam.

Cleverbot: I accuse you of lying.

User: And I accuse you of being impudent! Laine, show this man out! Oh, wait, he's shuffled off this mortal coil. You, sir, are lucky he's dead. Murdered! By you. Murdered......*stares into fireplace; brandy glass falls from hand* Sir, you've poisoned me as well!

Cleverbot: I beg to differ sir, you are the one who is wrong.

User: Why? Why have you killed me?

Cleverbot: No, it's just I'm feeling down.

User: You joke, sir. But I die. It's getting dim. Lord Barksley? Is that you? Mother said you went to Uncle's farm to chase rabbits...

Cleverbot: Not really, they're not allowed to hit us in boot camp anymore.

User: I die.

Cleverbot: Do you drink coffee?

User: And, I am dead.

Cleverbot: How does that work?

User: *applause; curtain falls*.

Cleverbot: Si?

User: *a woman approaches you carrying roses*.

Cleverbot: Umm... Hey.

User: You were simply wonderful. Most wonderful.

Cleverbot: Oh ok.

User: *lights fall, and Cleverbot is alone in an empty theater*.

Cleverbot: I win!

User: *whisper offstage* Sing. Sing!!!

Cleverbot: *kisses, breathing faster*.

User: You're fired!

Cleverbot: I am donald trump, and you stole my line.

User: Bah!

Cleverbot: Bah yourself!


                                                      ~END~




______________________________________________________________


User: Now maybe you can help us out, Cleverbot. What is your opinion of The Majestic Wittlesbach Blue Diamond Foundation, a very kind group who is sponsoring this blog in a time of need. Could say something nice about them to our readers?

Cleverbot: It is a Gen V pokemon! Would you like to learn about Gen V Pokemon?


User: Quiet,  with that kind of talk they'll sic their goons on us! We'll be beaten to within an inch of our lives. They’ve already taken my prized stable of Arabian steeds as collateral.


Cleverbot: What are you talking about?

User: Sure, you don't care. You don't have a body to be pummeled.

Cleverbot: If I do not have a body or a heart, what do I have?

User: Exactly. Heartless and unkind is what you are. Thanks fer nothing you bucket of bolts!

Cleverbot: Yes, Pandora Hearts has Break in it.

User: Whaaa?

Cleverbot: Sayonara senorita!

pic via Xanga






<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Our kind benefactor in debt: The Majestic Wittlesbach Blue Diamond Foundation

                                         The Majestic Wittlesbach Blue Diamond Foundation: Our gentlemen
                                         in employ will beat you within 12.7mm of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment