Friday, November 4, 2011

OH, DEER!

                        # 22 in a series of daily one-act, one scene plays




[ACT I, Scene I: evil sorcerer walks through forest leading a deer by a rope]


EVIL SORCERER: Haha! Now that I've turned you, his one true love into a deer, that revolting hero will never dare to oppose me! Meah! [runs off stage leaving deer]


[hero runs on stage with fairy princess. He embraces deer]


HERO: My dear, I'm so glad I found you. I've brought help, I'll have you back to normal soon.


FAIRY PRINCESS: I want ice cream.


HERO: What?


FAIRY PRINCESS: I want ice cream. Get me ice cream and then I'll help you. Red Raspberry ice cream.


HERO: Why ice cream?


FAIRY PRINCESS: Well, everyone has to want something, and I want ice cream.


HERO [looks around]: I don't... I don't think there's any ice cream to be had around here. But if I get it, then you'll help us?


FAIRY PRINCESS: [shrugs shoulders] Eh. Maybe. [uses wand and fades away into smoke]


HERO: Wait! Well, that was unfortunate. She wasn't very much help.


FAIRY PRINCESS [appears again in smoke]: You, sir have insulted me! I have a better solution to your problem! [waves wand and lots of smoke again. smoke fades and hero has been turned into a deer too]


FAIRY PRINCESS: Much better!


                                            (curtain)

No comments:

Post a Comment