Saturday, October 29, 2011

BUZZ ON

                                  # 18 in a series of daily one-act, one scene plays


[ACT I, Scene I, a man stands on stage dressed as a bug]


BUG: I am a bug. Much maligned. But I am a vital link in nature's food chain. Without me the food chain breaks down. With me, the food chain survives. Although I may appear ugly to you, believe me, if I was capable of comprehending you beyond a lumbering, God-like presence, you would appear as ugly to me. So please, if you feel we insects bug you, realize we insects feel the same about you humans. Don't let us (boy, do I love lettuce) remain enemies, but instead let us (delicious) be snug as a bug in a rug.  Thank you.

[two men enter, one dressed as bug spray; the other as a fly swatter. They shove bug to floor and kick him]



                                              (curtain)

No comments:

Post a Comment