Saturday, October 15, 2011

GIVE ME A COSMO-TO GO!

                #10 in a series of daily one scene, one-act plays

[ACT I, Scene I, a seedy bar in CA, 1957, empty but for an old man and the bartender]

BARTENDER: C'mon, Pops. Let's go. Pick your head up, we're closing.

OLD MAN: Mghhghf.

BARTENDER: C'mon, in fifteen minutes I want to be heating my TV dinner, not throwing you out again.

OLD MAN: Wakafracking no good mmmrgbah little green men.

BARTENDER [helps old man up]: Yeah, yeah, you and your flying saucers. C'mon, I'll walk you to the bus station.

[door flaps open but no one comes in]

BARTENDER [yells with old man under his shoulder]: Hey! I'm sorry, but we're closed. Hello? Must be the Santa Ana winds.

OLD MAN: Mrgufrump come to take me away.

[Door slams opens with a blinding light. Little green men come in and take the old man out of the stunned bartender's hand]

[Bartender walks to bar, grabs a bottle and takes a long pull]
                                                                         
                                       (curtain)

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment